What Are Colorectal Diseases?
Colon and rectum combine to form the bowel. The purpose of the bowel is to eliminate the waste material after digestion. There are several conditions that affect the functioning of colon and rectum. If the disease is confined to colon, the condition is known as colon disease. Disease confined only to rectum is known as rectal disease. However, some diseases affect both the colon and the rectum. Such diseases are termed as colorectal diseases. Some of the examples of colorectal diseases include colorectal cancer, colon polyps, Ulcerative colitis, and Crohn’s disease. The patients with colorectal diseases experience several symptoms. These are abdominal pain, blood in the stool, rectal bleeding, and prolong constipation and diarrhea.
What Are The Causes Of Colorectal Diseases?
There are several causes of colorectal diseases. Some of them are:
1. Age: Although colorectal disease may occur at any age; however people above the age of 50 years are at increased risk for developing colorectal diseases.
2. Family history: Various colorectal diseases run in families. Examples of such diseases are colon polyps, and colon cancer.
3. Inactive lifestyle: The risk of colorectal diseases increases with sedentary and inactive lifestyle. Such people have poor bowel movement. Thus, the waste material remains in the colon for prolong period and causes diseases.
4. Smoking and intake of alcohol: Smoking and excessive consumption of alcohol increases the risk of colon polyps and colon cancer.
5. Genetic mutations: Mutations in the genes may results in the development of colon polyps. Such polyps have high risk of progressing to colon cancer.
6. Obesity: People who are obese and overweight have the increased tendency of excessive cellular growth in the colon. This may result in colorectal diseases.
How to Prepare For Colorectal Surgeries?
The preparation for the surgeries depends upon the type of colorectal surgery. You should follow all the instructions of your doctor before surgery. The doctor may perform comprehensive evaluation prior to surgery and your vital parameters are analyzed. Inform the doctor about the medicines you are taking. The doctor instructs you not to eat or drink 12 hours prior to surgery.
How Is The Recovery After Colorectal Surgeries?
Once the surgery is completed, you will be shifted to the ICU for monitoring. Once your vitals are stable, you will be shifted to the general ward. The doctors may allow you to drink fluid 24 hours after the surgery. The catheter is removed two-three days after the surgery. The doctors may encourage you to walk next day after surgery. You may discharge from the hospital within four to five days after the surgery. The doctor may call you for the follow-up fifteen days after the discharge.
What Are The Complications Of Colorectal Surgeries?
Colorectal surgery is a major surgery. You may have complications during or after the surgery. Some of the complications include infection, bleeding, loss of muscle function in the colon, and leakage from the connected colon.
Name: Gastro Delhi
Address: D-1, Hakikat Rai Rd, Block D, Adarsh Nagar, Delhi, 110033
Phone: +91–9667365169, +91–9599294453
You can also search for these treatments
HIPEC Surgeon in Delhi, Gastrointestinal Cancer Surgery in Delhi, Colorectal Surgery in Delhi, Laparoscopic Esophageal Surgery in Delhi, Laparoscopic Pancreatic Surgery in Delhi, Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery in Delhi, Laparoscopic Hepatobiliary Surgery in Delhi, GI Surgeon in Delhi, Stomach Cancer Treatment in Delhi, Gallbladder Stone Surgery in Delhi, Robotic Surgery in Delhi, Esophagus Surgery in Delhi, Laparoscopic Gastrointestinal Surgery in Delhi, Colorectal Surgeon in Delhi, Pancreatic Treatment in Delhi, Cancer Surgeon in Delhi, Esophagus Surgeon In Delhi, Colorectal Surgery In Delhi, Robotic Surgeon In Delhi, Hipec Surgery In Delhi, Laparoscopic Hepatobiliary Surgeon In Delhi, Stomach Cancer Surgeon In Delhi, Gallbladder Stone Treatment In Delhi, Pancreatic Cancer Treatment In Delhi, Pancreatic Surgery In Delhi, Gastrointestinal Cancer Doctor In Delhi